AROUND THE MOUNTAIN WEST
- Dating back to the 2019 season, the Mountain West has won 19 games against autonomous-5 opponents, including 16 against the Pac-12. This is the most wins in that time span amongst all non-autonomous-5 conferences.
- The Mountain West produced the first non-automatic-qualifying FBS team into a BCS bowl game (Utah – 2005 Fiesta Bowl) and into the College Football Playoff (Boise State – 2014 Fiesta Bowl).
- After Wyoming’s double-overtime victory over Tulsa on Sept. 3, and Air Force’s win against Navy on Oct. 1, the Mountain West now has a 17-11 record against opponents from the American Athletic Conference.
- Nevada senior safety Bentlee Sanders is a semifinalist for the 2022 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award, the only DB from outside the Autonomous-5 to earn a spot on the list.
- Nevada senior running back Toa Taua has rushed for 3,850 yards in his career, the fourth-most among active FBS players. On Nov. 19, Taua moved into fifth all-time in MW history.
- Nevada senior place-kicker Brandon Talton set the Mountain West record for career field goals made on Nov. 12 vs. Boise State, kicking No. 65 in the second quarter.
- San Jose State senior linebacker Kyle Harmon has racked up 426 total tackles in his career, the fourth-most all-time in MW history. UNLV’s Adam Seward (2001-04) sits in third place on the list at 433 career tackles.
- Fresno State senior quarterback Jake Haener has thrown at least one touchdown pass in 26 consecutive games, beginning on Oct. 24, 2019. This is tied for the league record with Carson Strong (Nevada) and Derek Carr (Fresno State).
- Over the last 18 seasons, the MW has captured the Bowl Challenge Cup five times and owns the third-best win percentage in bowl games among the 10 FBS conferences (.583), trailing only the SEC (.621) and Sun Belt (. 593).
2022 MW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Boise State will host Fresno State in the 2022 MW Football Championship Game, which will be played on Saturday, Dec. 3, at Albertsons Stadium in Boise, Idaho. Kickoff is set for 2 pm MT and the game will be televised on FOX for the third-consecutive year.
The Broncos and Bulldogs have met on three previous occasions in the MW Football Championship Game, with Boise State owning a 2-1 advantage.
Air Force (8-3), Boise State (8-3), Fresno State (7-4), San Diego State (7-4), San Jose State (6-4), Utah State (6-5) and Wyoming (7-4) have all earned bowl eligibility.
- Air Force is bowl eligible for the 13th time in 16 seasons.
- The Broncos are bowl eligible for the 25th consecutive season, the third-longest active streak nationally, trailing just Ohio State and Georgia.
- Fresno State is bowl eligible for the second-consecutive season.
- San Diego State is bowl eligible for the 13th straight season.
- SJSU head coach Brent Brennan is the first Spartan head coach to go to two bowl games since Claude Gilbert in 1986 & 1987.
- Utah State is bowl eligible for the second-straight season under Blake Anderson.
- The Cowboys are postseason bound for the sixth time in seven season.
|Friday, Nov. 25||Utah State at Boise State*||10 a.m. MT||CBS|
|Friday, Nov. 25||New Mexico at Colorado State*||1:30 p.m. MT||CBS Sports Network|
|Friday, Nov. 25||Wyoming at Fresno State*||7 p.m. PT||FS1|
|Saturday, Nov. 26||Hawai’i at San Jose State*||12:30 pm PT||Spectrum/Team1Sports App|
|Saturday, Nov. 26||Nevada at UNLV*||3 p.m. PT||MWN|
|Saturday, Nov. 26||Air Force at San Diego State*||6 p.m. PT||CBS Sports Network|