BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – Hoosier Hysteria presented by Smithville, the annual tipoff to the Indiana men’s and women’s basketball season, begins at 7 pm ET on Friday. Here’s everything you need to know about the event, whether you’ll be at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall or just watching from home.
Hoosier Hysteria event details:
- Who: Indiana men’s and women’s basketball programs. Coach Mike Woodson and coach Teri Moren will address the crowd.
- What: A chance to see Indiana basketball in live action before the season begins.
- When: Friday, Oct. 7 at 7 pm ET
- Where: Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind.
- Car park: Parking is free and fans are asked to enter via Gates 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 with ADA parking available in Gate 13. Due to the homecoming parade, 17th St will be closed 5:30-6:30 pm ET .
- When to arrive: Fans will be able to lineup for admission beginning at 12 pm ET, (weather permitting) Friday. IU students are invited to begin lining up in the southeast corner of Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Students may enter at 5:45 pm ET with the general public coming into the facility at 6 pm ET.
- Do I need to buy a ticket?: No. Admission is free, but those attending are asked to donate a canned food item to benefit the Hoosier Hills Food Bank.
- Streaming: Fans can stream the event by purchasing a B1G+ subscription. A cable subscription to Big Ten Network does not work on B1G+. To order, go to: https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/page/payment. A season pass, which will bring you all of the live events featuring IU Athletics on B1G+, is $79.95. A monthly IU pass is $9.95. Two exhibitions and the season opener against Morehead State will air on the service and nine women’s games will also be shown on B1G+.
- Event events: IU graduates Courtney Cronin of ESPN and Rhett Lewis (IU Radio Network/Sirius XM).
- On-court action: Members of both programs will take part in a 3-point shooting contest and skills competition followed by other basketball activities.
- Concert: Chicago native and platinum selling rapper G Herbo will perform following the conclusion of team activities. He is a staunch mental health advocate and proponent for change in the black community through Stress Youth Mental Health Program, which was recognized by Forbes 30 Under 30.
- Team posters: The iconic Indiana men’s and women’s basketball floating heads schedule posters are now available for the 2022-23 season. Posters are $12, and fans attending Hoosier Hysteria can purchase their posters at the Indiana Team Store located inside the west doors of Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall beginning at 6 pm ET, one hour before the start of IU Basketball’s season tip-0ff event. The posters are being produced by Campus Ink, a Name, Image, and Likeness company that has partnered with the members of the IU Men’s and Women’s Basketball to offer Hoosier fans an affordable pricing model that also permits each student-athlete to be compensated for their name, image and likeness through the sales of this year’s posters.
Related stories on Indiana basketball:
- IU PRO DAY INTRIGUING FOR PROGRAM’S FUTURE: The fact that Indiana is hosting an NBA Pro Day shows that coach Mike Woodson is serious about attracting top talent. CLICK HERE
- JACKSON-DAVIS GARNERS PRESEASON HONOR: Indiana forward Trayce Jackson-Davis earned Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year honors on Thursday. The conference also released the 11-player 2022-23 Preseason All-Big Ten team. CLICK HERE
- RACE THOMPSON BACK FOR SIXTH SEASON: Race Thompson’s return to Indiana was in question at the end of last season, but he couldn’t pass up the opportunity to run it back alongside Trayce Jackson-Davis, coach Mike Woodson and a talented freshman class. Thompson says, “the sky’s the limit” for the 2022-23 Indiana men’s basketball team. CLICK HERE
- TREY GALLOWAY RETURNS FROM GROIN SURGERY: Indiana men’s basketball guard Trey Galloway dealt with injuries throughout the 2021-22 season, and he underwent groin surgery in June. At Indiana basketball media day, Galloway said, ‘I’m pretty much back to 100 percent normal.’ CLICK HERE
Scroll to Continue